Guide to Flights landing at Riga Airport for UK Stags & Hens
The following airlines offer flights from/to Riga International Airport:
- Czech Airlines
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Norwegian Air Shuttle
- Ryanair (Bristol, Dublin, East Midlands, Leeds Bradford, Glasgow Prestwick, Liverpool, London Stansted). When you'll get out of Riga with Ryanair, Riga Airport will ask you to pay a security Charge of 7€. It can be purchased also in advance on the Riga International Airport website.
- Turkish Airlines
- Uzbekistan Airways
- Wizz Air (London - Luton)
It is worth noting that Riga airport has splendid smoking terraces: a large glass shelter in front of the main building (upper level), adjoining the police station and used also as bike parking, and a smaller terrace after security checks, but this one is open, without a roof.
Ways to travel between the airport and the city include:
- Bus 22. Runs between the airport and the Old Town. The bus runs every 10 minutes during rush hour and the journey to the Old Town takes around 25 minutes. Bus tickets can be purchased from the driver for 0.70 LVL or from the Narvesen shop in the airport for 0.50 LVL. Alternatively, you may want to purchase a 24-hour transport pass or a 5 or 10 journey e-ticket (see below). Have small change ready.
- Airbaltic Airport Express. Minibuses to the city center cost 3 LVL. These run every 30 minutes but only take 20 minutes to get to the old town. This bus also stops at several hotels near the airport, so it may be more convenient than Bus 22.
- Baltic Tax. Runs taxi service from the airport to the center for a fixed price of 9 LVL if paid to the driver, or 8 LVL if booked online. Service to the old town takes 15 minutes (Taxis can be expensive if a meter is used and a fixed price is not negotiated. Charges are as follows: 1.50 LVL for embarkation plus 0.50 LVL per kilometre, waiting 6.00 LVL/hour. The ride to the center takes 15 minutes).